18 April 2014

Holy Week Thoughts

Weeping Willows were all around Oxford. They are noticeable and quite lovely, especially with rays of golden sunshine streaming through their hanging tresses.

Good Friday.

It has been a challenging week. I won't lie.

But then it was remedied by some kindness and caring that cheered my soul.

When I think about the challenges and hurt that did befall me this week, I step back for a second and quickly realize that it is nothing compared to what Jesus suffered. Then I feel absurd for even letting the grain of sand bother me. Jesus had the weight of ALL our sin and brokenness on Him on this day - Good Friday. Nothing that we endure can compare.

And that should also bring us comfort. Because anything we go through, Jesus has gone through it, and worse. It is not that we are left to fend for some new issue that He hasn't dealt with before. No, we can take solace in the arms of our Heavenly Father who gathers us up in love and gives us people in our lives who display that love as well. There are many reminders of His love for us, they are the blessings bestowed upon us.

Since Jesus went through everything you're going through and more, 

learn to think like Him.

- 1 Peter 4.1

No comments:

Post a Comment