23 September 2014

Morning Scenes






I delight in the morning. I have always liked the softer light, the quietness of the sun rising. I feel more in tune with things in the morning, being freshly awoken. My heart is usually not cluttered with worries and questions yet. I look at shapes and colours with a discerning eye and notice how the light comes through the curtains there at such a lovely angle, sweeping a new day into my space. The shadows are softer. The light is gentler.

Even on grey mornings, the misty light passes through lace and sheer curtains. I have noticed that the days are starting to shorten. When I wake up now it is too dark to see. This excites me because it means my favourite time of year is on the way. It is the first day of Autumn, and anticipation rises in me for it to show up on my doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment