22 September 2014

Give Me A Weekend

 






Give me a weekend and I will give you some (hopefully) charming images of time well spent in relaxing and enjoying things that mean a lot to me.

My weekends lately have been slow. They have included a lot of resting, reading, and drinking coffee and tea. I have needed that. My brain has been in a multi-tasking overdrive. Here are a few things that have been included in such enjoyable activities.

Visiting an antique store and thrifting books from the library is enjoyable, especially when I end up with a few treasures for myself all while spending less than $5. Normally I go to the library every few weeks, and when I leave there I spend anywhere from $.50 to $2. I don't go to antique stores very often, even though I live about two blocks from at least three stores.

Trying on hats with my niece, Elliott, was quite fun. She gave me her thoughts and opinions on them and for herself selected a crimson wool hat, which she put on her head and shrugged her shoulders as we asked "where's Elliott?" The fact that she couldn't see didn't stop her. She has a girly fashion sense, grabbing a bright pink purse and carrying it around. And she has a sweetness of character as she held my hand when we browsed the purses after trying on hats.

The rainy, drizzly morning and early afternoon was marvelous, to me. It was that misty, soft rain that continued, but wasn't windy or intense. It was so much like England, and I loved it.

My need to slow down on the weekends has caused me to read books in a short period of time. This weekend I read The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis, being one of the Narnia books.

No comments:

Post a Comment