29 August 2012

I Want A Lot

You see, I want a lot.
Maybe I want it all:
the darkness of each endless fall,
the shimmering light of each ascent.

So many are alive who don't seem to care.
Casual, easy, they move in the world
as though untouched.

But you take pleasure in the faces
of those who know they thirst.
You cherish those
who grip you for survival.

You are not dead yet, it's not too late
to open your depths by plunging into them
and drink in the life
that reveals itself quietly there.

-Rainer Rilke


I remind myself that while I do not deserve anything, God, You have given me so much. I am blessed with riches that are not asked for. I am thankful.
In these moments of struggle, You are there. You know it's a struggle for me and yet You love me nonetheless. You reach out and take my hand as I seek You.

You enfold me in Your safe arms and remind me that You love me more than I can possibly understand. You know each long strand of red hair on my head and You know when I obey even when it is hardest for me.

I want my talents to be used by You, God, for Your glory. I don't want to wallow when something doesn't go my way, but be zealous for You. Give me a joyful obedience and patience for Your perfect plans to unfold at the proper time.

May I use each day to bring Your goodness to light. Don't let me waste a day, for time is fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment