16 August 2012

Storm is Coming...

Even the darkness is not dark to You
Psalm 139.12

A gentle breeze shifts my hair and an added dose of humidity seems to float along in that breeze. The stifling heat does not subside, but rather increases, somehow, and I pull my hair away from my neck. A darkness lingers on the horizon and in the few minutes that I am purchasing groceries, it grows like a black wall, inching closer.

A soft breeze is deceiving. So is the sunlight. I can smell it in the air. The storm is coming.

Just as I walk to my car, the wind intensifies in a sudden gust, throwing my hair into my face. As I drive away the lightning flashes, full of heat, grow closer and the menacing clouds follow me home.

It's a typical summer day in a typical summer storm. Arriving in a flash, it sometimes departs that quickly. Yet it is mostly welcomed, as it draws some of the heat away, but not enough of it.

Oh, Autumn, where are you? When will you arrive?

No comments:

Post a Comment