17 August 2012

All That Has Never Yet Been Spoken

I believe in all that has never
yet been spoken.
I want to free what waits
within me
So that what no one has dared
to wish for
may for once spring clear
without my contriving.

- Rainer Rilke

I just cannot get enough of reading Rilke. I have already read my whole books of poems, and I keep returning to it, re-reading the poems I marked with an * or underlines. Then I read the other side of the pages in German, and try to put it all together, compared to the English.

He puts into words that which I feel but cannot quite articulate. His poetry is like reading part of my own soul and all its wonderings. His depth is beautiful, his imagery is profound and comforting, somehow, even when he's throwing questions out there to God.

Thunder is rumbling consistently outside. The winds have picked up and a rain shower just came through. It looks like more is coming. I could sit here, drinking coffee and reading Rilke's poems for a long long time...

I am praying again, Awesome One.

You hear me again, as words
from the depths of me
rush toward you in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment