19 May 2011

May Surprise

Some birds are chirping, the sky is blue
The air grows warm, but a breeze is due
Bringing a cool that awakens the mind
For this, I will soon be desperate to find
Being outside is a pleasure this day
It welcomes me to venture without delay
For in the course of the blink of an eye
The only cool places will be inside
And while many pleasures are taken indoors
It's not frequently what I am in the mood for
So I sit outside writing in the shade
And thank the Lord for this day He has made

These past few days have astounded me. A coolish air settled in town for a treat in mid-May. I almost thought I was dreaming when I left my apartment yesterday morning. A pleasant dream, where you wouldn't mind staying for awhile. I tried to gather in the nice morning, take a deep breath lacking in humidity, look around at the happier grass and sky, feel the coolness of the air touch my skin. Pleasant indeed.
Enjoy the small pleasant things of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment