22 May 2011

Savannah Sunshine



I took a break from my Florida scenery to visit one of my closest friends, Jen and Jake, in Savannah and the little bundle of joy that has recently joined them, Liliana. I don't hold many babies in my days, and I can't help but feel the joy Jen and Jake must feel when they hold their little one. I can understand how parents can instantly be in love with their new baby and everyday feel that love grow. Sure babies are fussy and cry over strange things, but don't we all want to do that? We just don't always let it all out. Babies don't hold it inside like we do. And the smiles and sweetness of a baby can melt anyone's heart.

Sometimes it requires getting away from the norm and experiencing something so outside your daily activities to see the joys that are so abundant. Things that may not be part of your daily life can remind you that life is beautiful and God is good.

I think that's how we should live our lives- our roots should be growing deep in our faith while our branches reach into the world around us. - Tara Leigh Cobble

No comments:

Post a Comment