31 May 2011

Catching Trains

Charing Cross Tube stop, London

The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to be late for the one before.
- G.K. Chesterton

Oh, reading Chesterton's observations makes me laugh. He was an Englishman, so it's only appropriate that I quote him right before I venture to his homeland.
I hope his quote will not be the case once I get to England. Though, it has happened to me on a few occasions before. At least in England, the trains come quite often, so you can get anywhere in decent time. Of course, when in London, the Tube (Underground) is the best way to get around, unless there is a strike, like there was last September on the morning Jason and I had to get to King's Cross Station to catch the train to Newcastle. Gladly we stepped out of our hotel and the first car to go by was an empty taxi, so we grabbed it. Of course, as we drove along, there was not one empty taxi. We seemed to get the only available one.

Oh the fun of travel. You just go with the flow and realize that like life, you cannot control the trains.

At last! The day is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment