20 May 2011

Speck of Dust

Redwood Tree, Yosemite National Park, CA

A tiny speck is all I am, but I want my tiny speck to leave a mark that is meaningful and exactly what God intended. I don't understand what is in store for me next, and I pray for certain things to happen, but it is trust and faith I need to keep. The world doesn't make it easy, because sometimes it tries to lure me with its flashy, selfish, lusty, or greedy scenes. You don't even have to look for it and it's there. Look away and you see another scene. Close your eyes and it's still imprinted on your brain.

It's part of the world we live in. Sadly, it's not showing signs of improvement. Less and less mention of God, strong morals, manners, good character, and prudence. It has become more and more difficult to stay focused on what really matters in life.

1 Peter reminds us not to think it strange when we come under some fiery trial, as if something strange were happening to us (1 Peter 4.12). Just being a Christian means we are targets for those who follow idols of their own creation. They think they are right but it's Satan's clever guises at work. One day it will all be known, but until that day we have work to do. Setting the example in all we do. Each tiny speck of dust adds up to something grand.

Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us. - Titus 2.7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment