25 May 2011

England is One Week Away!

From the top of St. Paul's Cathedral Dome, London

As I walked along the downtown streets today with the bright sun bearing down on me, I could feel my pale skin heat up within seconds. Since it has been very dry here, the sun only increases the heat with no rain to cool the atmosphere. As I drove back to Florida from Savannah, my car told me it was 102 degrees outside! I couldn't believe it! And for most of my drive, it stayed steady at 100 degrees. This kind of weather is not ideal for a pale-skinned redhead who loves the chilly weather.

Then a reminder popped up in my head and I smiled- in one week I will be in England! My relief from the heat is England, where the high temperature isn't even reaching 70 degrees. That is perfection, to me. You may disagree if you'd like. I know many people who would. Can someone explain to me why they love the humidity and heat of Florida so much? I can't help it if I am misplaced and do not share in their sentiments.

Ahhh, good things are in store...

No comments:

Post a Comment