11 May 2011

Wonderfully Made


God made you, and me, exactly who we should be and has always thought us to be wonderfully made. Like each leaf that falls from the tree, we are unique and make our own path into the wind. Why do we feel we need the acceptance of others? Why do we care?
This verse has always gripped me, causing me to look more deeply at myself:

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. - Galatians 1.10

That's a tough verse to read and apply because we all seek the approval of others in some way. We used to wear a certain brand of clothing in high school to feel cool, we say certain things to those in command at work to sound better than others, we beg for attention from anyone by the way we conduct ourselves, and we do things we know are not right but we do them because our friends do or because the world tells us it's ok.

It's about being true to yourself and living your life in a way that puts God first. There's a spotlight on you, and others are watching how you will react to situations. Commit to God all or nothing. Compare what you are doing with what the Bible says. And don't forget:

Be doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. - James 1.22

No comments:

Post a Comment