10 December 2013

A Favourite Meal



Firstly, I found this vintage covered baking dish the weekend after Thanksgiving when I was in Venice. My mom and I went to a few downtown thrift stores and this cute dish was waiting for me. I can tell this is the beginning of a beautiful cooking relationship.

Secondly, I love vegetables (especially root vegetables). I could definitely live off of vegetables (except mushrooms and olives- blah). Who needs meat when there is so much flavour here?

Thirdly, I decided to make a vegetable roast in the oven using my new dish. It's such a simple meal but it is one of my favourite meals to make and eat. I roast the vegetables for an hour and a half and then place them over a little elbow pasta. You can add, delete, or change the vegetables used. I would love to include beets and parsnips, but they were not readily available at the grocery store.

Veggie Roast
Oven Temp- 400
Cooking Time- 1.5 hours

1 Onion
1 Sweet Potato
Brussels Sprouts
Carrots
Garlic Salt

Basil
Rosemary
Ground Cinnamon
Olive Oil

Cut up the veggies however you like them. I keep them bigger because they will reduce down when cooked. Mix in some olive oil, garlic salt, rosemary, basil, and ground cinnamon according to your taste. Throw everything in the baking dish, cover, and let the oven do all the work for about an hour and a half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment