13 December 2013

Take a Moment


Not much is better than this. After a long day, coming home to a new book resting in your mailbox. Last week this book was waiting for me. Something intriguing. I had heard good things about this book, about the writing community of C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and their friends. I have been reading it ever since (whenever I can catch a minute or two to indulge) and it's really been enjoyable.

What are you looking forward to this weekend? I have a to-do list that stretches longer than I would want, but it is the most wonderful time of the year so I will not let a list of tasks take away my enjoyment of this season. This time of year gets to be so crazy both at work and in personal life, but it is so full of good things that should be savored.

So take a moment. Make some tea. Sit and think. Write out some thoughts. Indulge in a favourite hobby.
And most importantly, recognize God in everything that you do. He will use you in the best of ways.

Trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.
 - Psalm 62.8

No comments:

Post a Comment