16 December 2013

Of Ice Cream and Fruit

 I tried a few fruity and ice creamy things this weekend. The first was green tea ice cream. Um yes. And yes. Why have I not had this before? It is delightful. Not too sweet. Refreshing. Slight green tea flavour and creamy. It reminded me of that all elusive lavender ice cream that I cannot find anywhere and wish there was a place here that made it. Until lavender ice cream and I meet, I am going to have to be best friends with green tea ice cream.
This is a stove simmer, not to be eaten. I had this simmering most of the hours I was at home on Saturday, and it made my whole place smell so wonderful. It is orange slices, lemon slices, fresh cranberries, one stick of cinnamon, and a dash of cloves. I just kept it filled with water and the steam scented my place with the best aromas of the season.
While I had many options of fresh fruit I decided to make some infused water with the orange, lemon, and cranberries. So, in my little glass pitcher went the fruit and my filtered water, and presto! Delicious flavoured water!

No comments:

Post a Comment