19 September 2013

Full with God's Grace

Rainy London

The Lord is my chosen portion
and my cup,
you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

Psalm 16. 5-6


The rain falls steadily this evening and I am at peace. Fresh from a shower with a cup of rose tea steaming in front of me, I am full. Full with God's grace and I sit here just recognizing it. Sometimes I need to simply meditate on all that. I know things could be so different in my life right now. I do have dreams that I pray will happen one day, but I acknowledge now that all I have is truly a gift and it is all meant to be enjoyed, even the thing we call work.

In our everyday, there are so many opportunities to help others, to show kindness and love, and to share many things in fellowship. This can all be done with humble hearts with all successes aimed toward our Father in heaven as receiving all the glory. With that outlook, nothing we do is without value when we acknowledge Him in everything we do. And nothing will dampen our spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment