30 September 2013

Snapshots

Ahhh, the weekend. What do you look forward to the most each weekend? Sleeping in? Running errands? Indulging in a cup of tea more often? Relaxing? I say yes to all of the above.
 I received a really cool invitation from my alma mater, Florida Southern College, for a premier of the historic center for Frank Lloyd Wright. I am so bummed that I will not be able to go (I will be out of town), for I love the architecture and the stories of the famous architect and the campus he had many visions and ideas for, all of which did not happen, but are on paper, with dreams of becoming reality. This new center is one of those such dreams from his notebooks.
It's what's for dinner. At last asparagus was a reasonable price, so I indulged. Nothing beats fresh vegetables. I really enjoy the simple things. Fresh. Simple. Tasty. 
Getting to know my 1975 Minolta camera is helping me take better photographs. The manual process of taking a photo forces you to be more thoughtful. It's not just about lining up the shot, but it's about getting the right light and the correct focus, and shutter speed. All the combinations create an array of changes you can make to every scene. I really enjoy things that get my creativity flowing, and this is one of those such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment