20 January 2014

New Decade


The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours out speech,
and night to night pours out knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words,
whose voice is not heard.
Their measuring line goes out through all the earth,
and their words to the end of the world.

- Psalm 19.1-4


Today I am sharing one of my favourite Psalms with you just because I want to. I don't have to have a reason, do I? Can I say that because it is my birthday today I can do whatever I want in this post? I am told this is a BIG birthday, and I just think it is another number, but I am okay with celebrating like it is big. I don't think being thirty will dramatically change anything other than still feeling like I am about twenty-five with so much to learn. I don't feel like I can possibly know enough to be thirty. But I suppose we don't have to know certain things or attain a certain caliber of wise before entering into a new decade.

This year I want to grow in thoughtfulness, awareness of others, engage in more meaningful thinking and debating, deeper looking, and take more care to notice people's expressions and countenances. I want to take steps, chances, adventures. I want to love more deeply and forgive more quickly. I want to learn and grow more and more and more. I want to write more and more and more. Most importantly, I want to draw God into every single aspect of my life better than I have been. God's plans for me unfold so beautifully when I acknowledge Him in everything. because when I do that, I am focused on Him, and not myself.

Here is a photo my Mom just sent me, that I had never seen before. My brothers and family friends look in, and I love how happy my parents look (probably thinking- finally a girl!). It makes me miss my Dad immensely.


No comments:

Post a Comment