09 October 2014

Colours of Autumn


O the loveliness that tends to be
the sheer delight of a season to see
as shades of marigold,
mustard, and rust
add warmth and colour,
and even, I trust,
a comfort deep inside,
our knowing still,
that in life and all seasons,
we can seek His will.

I have a couple of sweet little pumpkins sitting on my coffee table reminding me that we are in the season that inspires me the most, through the colours that emerge. The muted tones of caramel, mustard, rust, and marigold and all variations of those earthy shades.

The Summer season seems to embrace bright, vibrant colours that are pretty loud, and that doesn't suit me as well. If I were a set of colours, I would be the earth tones that emerge in the Autumn season. It's a feast for the eyes, I think, and quite a change from the end of Summer.

When the winds come through the trees and begin to cast a chill, the colours wake up and remember that it's time for their beauty to show in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment