27 October 2014

Rest, Read, and Drink Tea


Here is my usual agenda for the weekends:
Rest
Read
Drink Tea

That simple agenda is not always what occurs, but that is the goal I set out to follow. Many other things come into play such as plans with family or friends, chores, errands, etc.

But here goes my attempt each weekend. And there goes my attempt.

Do you remember, not too long ago, when you had so much time on your hands you tried different hobbies and things just because you could? Is that just a phase in life that passes by? Is it determined that once you know what you are passionate about and enjoy doing, life takes off and laughs at you as you try to squeeze in the time to do those things?

Maybe that is the transition we go through in our twenties. The eclipse of our time. From much to little. From play to work. From frivolous to serious.

It's the paradox of finally understanding who you are and what you really care about. Once you know, the time flies by and then your twenties are over. If only I knew what I know when I was twenty-two. I would appreciate the little things so much more than I ever did.

Is it possible to over-appreciate something? Because if it is, I might be guilty of over-appreciating such little joys that come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment