02 October 2014

World Travelling


Always do I dream about travelling. If you know me at all you know how I day dream about it. It's always on my mind. I frequently find myself planning, dreaming, or talking about my next trip, wherever it may be.

My boss and his wife are currently across the ocean in Europe, on a grand vacation travelling around a few different countries. I am back here holding down the office. I am so happy for them and so envious that I cannot be there, too. They sent me photos and it's all so dreamy. In my mind I imagine so many sorts of splendid sights and I am afraid I will be very eager to hear all the details about their days, and see more photos once they get back. I want to know about the cafes, the transportation, the weather, the people, the architecture, and favourite things.

Travel is a wonderful thing, I think, because it takes us out of our comfort zones and shows us what we have not seen. It throws us into another world where languages or accents are different, and the way of life differs in some way. Or even it is a place we have been before, it causes us to look again, and see from a new perspective perhaps. It causes us to dwell for a short time in another culture, another city, another way of living. I love to see the everyday scenes that are apart from the tourist spots. I love to be there as if I were a local.

I have much more world travelling to do. I really haven't done that much in the grand scope of our world. Even in my home country. There is much more to be seen. I shall see some more of this big country this month. It is going to be a busy month. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment