29 October 2014

Journal Always


O! How I do love to start at the beginning of a new journal!

Beware reader! The beginning of a new journal means more blank pages to fill with words that jostle around the well of endless thoughts that fill my mind and imagination. Give it space to stew and something will be kindled. Give me time to muse and all sorts of stories could be created. If only I knew how to convey all my passing thoughts to the pages in this journal.

I fill up a journal about every month (depending on how big the journal and number of pages) but in general, I am always on the lookout for a new journal that inspires me to observe, think, create, and write. I like simple leather and antique details. When all else fails I turn to the classic black Moleskine journal, which is one of my favourites. It is a very high quality journal and the lines are perfectly spaced for my kind of handwriting. I don't even look at journals that have very widely spaced lines. For some reason, I'd rather have my lines of script packed more tightly than spread out wide over the page. Even if I occasionally get a journal with blank pages (no lines), I still write close together.

With each new journal, though, there is room for many adventures. That is inspiring to me.
The end of an old journal is not an end, but a beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment