21 January 2015

Birthday Thankfulness









On my birthday, I woke up to a text message from my dear friend, Jen, which had this verse:

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you.

- Isaiah 26.3

These words were in my mind for several hours. It was a perfect way to wake up on my birthday.

Family was in town over the weekend, so I got to spend some time with them going out to breakfast, going to a movie (The Imitation Game!), and opening some presents. I have some new coffee roasted in Gainesville to try, a new mug that is so cool, some lovely tulips that are blooming, a fancy gold spoon for my tea or coffee, a glass bowl shaped like the mad hatter's hat, a couple of new books, several new teas to try, an apple slicer, a darling Cath Kidston tote with gifts inside, and many other special things.

Most of all, spending time with the people in my life who mean the most to me has been warming my heart for several days. On my actual birthday, yesterday, I got to go to lunch with Ryan, and to dinner with Colin & Cayla. 

I am a big celebrator of birthdays, because I think we should celebrate others. Focus on the good. Think about how glad we are for that person in our lives. Show them how we love them by doing kind things. I am so thankful for every note, every card with handwritten thoughts, every text message, every email, every present, every thoughtful thing.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment