12 January 2015

Coffee Shop Buzz



The coffee shop buzz. The noise of different conversations mixed with the espresso machine and orders being taken. The constant inflow and outflow of patrons. The baristas calling orders out. I order a flat white, which is a new offering at Starbucks. Why not? I really like a flat white, and will give it a try.

A group of young guys just left, and I think they were praying together before they got up to leave. I smile when I see those kinds of things occurring. The morning is chilly and I am actually glad to leave my very chilly home and sit at the coffee shop just a minute down the road. I like this Starbucks because it is an old gas station remade into something so useful and it still holds a little bit of a story.

It is kind of funny though because each time I come into this Starbucks, the decor and furniture seems to change. They get upgraded furniture often, so it seems, but it isn't very often that I come in here. I think I should come more frequently, at least until the new coffee shop opens across the street from me. I eagerly await that to happen.

I know I have mentioned before how well I can concentrate in a coffee shop. When I need to write, it is one of the best environments for me, and there have been studies done on that. I think it has something to do with the ambient sounds that muffle and mingle together, offering not a distraction, but a white noise for a background. Focus can then take place and being creative leaps forward. I always write well when sitting in a coffee shop. Are you the same way? And when not in a coffee shop, I can play the sounds of a coffee shop at Coffitivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment