02 January 2015

January - My Favourite Month



Pardon me if you do not agree, but January is the best month of the year. I will confess, part of that viewpoint stems from it being my birthday month, but there are many other reasons why this is the best month.

For example, it is the beginning of a new year, so it is like a fresh page in a journal, and there is much hope in looking forward to the new year.


In Florida, it is the month where the season of Winter emerges the most, which is my favourite time of year here. I actually get to wear my jackets and scarves often and it's a delight. Since there is no option of snow here, my dreams are constantly filled with images of fat, falling snow on a still day, and at least in this month, the weather is cold enough to indulge me a bit.

There aren't too many things cluttering up the month, in general. It is a perfect month to get organized and feel recharged after several weeks of holidays and seeing family and friends.


Since I tend to get several books for Christmas and then more for my birthday, I get to read a lot of good books in January! Believe me, that is super exciting - and I always feel like a kid in a candy store. Just ignore what the zipper bag above (from Ryan and Sam) says about fondness of books.

A few fun facts:
-the birth stone is the garnet, which represents constancy
-the birth flower is the carnation


Happy January!

No comments:

Post a Comment