08 January 2015

Word Feathers







When I take down the Christmas decor, my place seems a little bare, which is nice and somehow refreshing, but a little something new feels necessary. Simple projects are what I like, and I mean simple. Cutting and hanging paper garland is something I think I can handle. 

So on the hottest day we've had in months (it was in the mid-80s- yikes! I was melting! But now the weather has suddenly turned very cold!), what should I do but make some word feathers to hang up to look so lovely?


I headed to the library to pick out a $0.25 book (that I don't think anybody would want to read, I promise) to cut the pages into feathers, and cut fringes. Then I simply taped them onto some yarn and spaced them evenly.


So simple, and so darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment