01 January 2015

Hallo 2015





Last night I started a new journal because I'd filled up my old one, and I wrote out some goals for 2015. The goals I have are not lofty, giant goals but rather just a few items that are definitely do-able, but that take effort. These are things that could easily be cast aside as life gets busy, but I don't want that to happen, so I am writing them down so I will not ignore them.

My goals:

- Be more prayerful. Write out my prayers

- Write more thought-provoking researched essays (research, learn, listen to lectures, go to library)


- Travel to places near & far, known & unknown

I am not one who makes a big list of unattainable goals that are forgotten in a month. If I make a commitment to do something, I fully intend on making it happen. And I fully intend on making these items happen.

If you have the day off today, what are you doing? I plan on drinking copious amount of Yorkshire tea, reading, researching, and writing an essay (see above), and taking down my Christmas decorations.

Lord, every year should see me drawing ever closer to You, growing in wisdom and being more filled to the brim with Your love. Help my trust be all in You, and not in myself. Thank You for the undeserved gifts that have been bestowed upon me this year and the people in my life who have made my days so rich with blessings. It is by Your grace and love that I am who I am today. Mold me and shape me even more this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment