14 January 2015

This Morning






This morning, Lord, I think I just need to be quiet with You. Yesterday was busy, and not quiet, which is okay, but I really need the slow time to ponder, and write out this prayer. I need time to quiet all the internal noise that hinders me.

The grey morning light never escapes Your sight. I never mind a grey day, but now the sun is starting to break through the stony grey and casting a brightness in my kitchen. It becomes a cheerful spot when the sun shines in the morning, since my windows face south and east. So as the sun emerges and my mug of coffee cools, my heart yearns to write to You.

Lord, Your goodness and mercy are never-failing. I can trust in You no matter what, and I don't have to wonder if You will come through. You are the one, steady, mighty rock in this land of shifting sand.

Your thoughts are higher than mine; help me remember that I may not understand Your ways sometimes because they are much above my own. I just need to let go of these thoughts and hang on to You. You are not shifting like the ground that surrounds.
Thank You for being my rock to cling to.

No comments:

Post a Comment