09 January 2015

Cold!




Today, my Winter apparel got to see the light of a cold day here. It was wonderful! I smile, almost by default, as I get ready to head outside, adding a scarf and a coat and a hat. I cannot help myself. There is something about the cold weather that causes an instant inner cheerfulness. Even if the wind was howling last night, keeping me awake because the tree kept hitting my a/c unit making a clanking noise. Even if life at the office was completely lonely and dull as my boss is in Wisconsin freezing in the negative degrees (but I got a lot done!), Even if, as I sit here now typing, I am cold, and my mug of tea is growing cold very quickly.

I think I am kind of English, though, in my disliking of turning on the heat, but instead, I am more likely to add a layer of clothes or a blanket. I heard or read somewhere that is what the English do. I let the heat run for a few minutes, then I turn it off and grab a blanket. 

Thank you January! You have at last brought the Winter into my life and I will savor every moment. I am most grateful. Except, we are missing some snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment