28 October 2013

Autumn is Here!


How do I know when the season is changing? The sun has shifted its position in the sky. Actually, the earth is the one shifting, but I am not attempting to be scientifically correct, so we will say the sun has shifted because the season is changing. We will be more poetic and less scientific.

Normally the sun lowers in the sky outside my living room windows, facing west, but now when I sit at my kitchen table looking out my big south-west windows, I see the orange glowing sunset behind the trees. And the days are growing shorter. And the air is staying cooler because of that.

The season is changing. Autumn is here! The treat of cooler air has arrived. Want proof? Well, that is what these photos are for. I don't know about you, but these kinds of images cheer my soul. They remind me of the delights of the season. And in every season there are a multitude of things to delight in and be thankful for. God's goodness is all around, in abundance. What are you most thankful for this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment