16 October 2013

On Work


Those of us who work in an office or at a specific location spend about 8-9 hours every day in that place with the same people. For me, since I changed jobs 7 months ago I have never been happier at work. And that is because I have the best boss. Do you have an amazing boss? Tell him/her how much you appreciate their leadership today because today is Boss's Day!

I sure am thankful for my kind and generous boss, Colin, and I will gladly celebrate this day to express how thankful I am that he is my boss!

The sermon I heard this weekend was good reminder about work, which seems appropriate on this day. When God created Adam and Eve, He gave them the garden to tend to. That was their work. We were made to work, but to enjoy it by using our talents and gifts to further God's Kingdom.

Genesis 2.15 says "The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it."

We may not be tending gardens, but we are all doing something. No matter what we do for work or volunteering, or staying at home to raise a family, we can do everything to the glory of God. Every choice we make has an impact. Everything we do matters. Are you treating everything like it matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment