07 October 2013

Friend's Bridal Shower



 My dear, lovely friend Chancie is getting married in less than a month! I was so happy that her family threw her a bridal shower in St. Petersburg, which is just a little over an hour's drive for me, and that means I could attend. She lives in North Carolina now, so I do not get to see her often, but we are old college friends, meeting our freshman year in our Personal Finance class. I remember one of the first occasions we hung out was going to a Jars of Clay and Sixpence None the Richer concert in St. Petersburg. That was 11 years ago! Yikes! We are getting old.

We have been close friends ever since, through the ups and downs of each other's lives. She is a friend I treasure always. Over the years we have had countless deep conversations, long letters, shared dreams, many road trips. And now her life has been blessed by an amazing guy who, upon my first meeting him struck up a conversation with me about Oxford and C.S. Lewis. How could I not approve? She is so happy and he treats her like a man should. It is sweet. I am so happy for them.

And before I know it, I will be up in North Carolina for the wedding! I am thrilled to be going, for it will be up in the mountains at the end of October, meaning all the leaves will be vibrant and the air will be chilly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment