02 October 2013

Dance!

I danced from pre-school through high school. When I was in middle school and high school I danced in a local company. Meaning, I was at the studio 4-5 days a week in classes or rehearsals. I loved to dance. It was the only sport I was even slightly good at. I got used to wearing tights and a leotard practically every day! 

Every so often I go through a phase where I miss dance so much. It was a huge part of my life for so many years. And I know how tough it is to be a good dancer. I was no star, but I worked hard and I appreciate when I see amazing talent and also great choreography.

Watching the following videos makes me miss dance all over again. A variety of dance styles, all really fun to watch and admire. I just thought I would share them for your enjoyment. 


1. Off the Rails, 
Choreography by Kate Joblonski
I love the musicality and movements in this number. It's so different, and I appreciate that creativity.
Click HERE 


2. Sweet Dreams, From So You Think You Can Dance
I used to love watching this show. (Now I don't have cable so I cannot watch it) The raw talent out there is amazing. And this number is so creative with the prop.
Click HERE


3. Swing Time, Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire
You cannot beat the classic and classy dances of these two. And I am a sucker for tap, because that is what I was best at.
Click HERE


4. Moses Supposes, Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor
The comedy mixed with tap makes this one so much fun. I can't stop smiling as I watch them.
Click HERE


5. Smooth Criminal, Michael Jackson
No matter what you think of Michael, his early days were so much fun and he could dance.

Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment