10 June 2014

After the Rain

(Note: I wrote this about a week and a half ago, when we got a good rainstorm. We haven't had any significant rain since, but we sure need it.)

Thick heavy raindrops are falling, falling, falling fast. It is like a cloud double-stocked with water has just burst open and the heavy drops are eager to let gravity take effect. Not that raindrops' emotions make any difference. They let gravity take effect whether they are eager or not.

The wind is blowing the tree tops in waves back and forth. A much-needed good soaking rain is most welcome to wash away the accumulation of heat and dirt.

Kind of like my heart.
It is full of such things in the way of emotion and sin. I need it washed away every single day by a power greater than me.

Thank You, Lord, for being that power greater than that of the universe, all the while caring for me, individually.

Your rain comes and drowns the dirt to remedy my soul. Thankfulness grows in me as the rain continues. The more it lingers the more reflective I become. Lord, You are so good. You provide all that I need and never leave me hanging.

Your goodness and mercy flood over me like this good, soaking rain, and I am reminded that You made me who I am for a reason. I fit into the mold You created me to be. And there is so much more work to be done with using my qualities. Help me stay consistent in following Your path for me, and not stray down a momentary 'want' of my own.

Because after the rain there is much more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment