14 May 2013

Moving Notes

Not everything that is faced can be changed.
But nothing can be changed until it is faced.
-James Baldwin


Among other important errands this weekend (like seeing my baby niece!), I spent the majority of my time packing. And packing. And packing. And sorting. And dusting. And cleaning.

I opened up my piano as I dusted (above) and played a little (gosh it's been a while; I've been so busy). The sound sounded somewhat different when I played with the lid open. It was kind of strange how the same notes played without a filter (aka the cover) changed things. But it made me hear the songs I played in a different way. Change tends to catch us by surprise.

My apartment sounds more hollow, too, from items put away in boxes, wall hangings down, books stacked and packed. I look around and wonder....did I make a good choice? I kept playing and let the music linger in the air.
I know I have made a good choice.
Worries dwell inside me so easily. Why is that?


Thankfully, I am becoming better at immediately recognizing that fault in me, so I stop myself, and give the worry to God, and telling Him to take control (even though He always had that control anyway.) But the acknowledgement is what changes me inside. It puts God first, rather than my own emotions and wants. and it re-focuses me on Him, and cements that trust in His plans for me.

As I finished playing my favourite tune, I already felt at ease. No weight on my shoulders feels pretty good. Jesus takes that weight and all others from me. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment