30 May 2013

Mail from Oxford

So.... last week, amidst all the craziness that was last week, I received a piece of mail that caused me to smile immediately. When the return address is stamped Great Britain, specifically Oxford, I just grow excited automatically. I knew what it was before I opened it. It was simply the official notice of the credits I earned in my Literature class on the Brontës this term. But as simple as it was, it meant so much more than just a slip of paper.

I earned credit hours from the University of Oxford, meaning, I took a class and passed it, and have real credits! It's not just fake. To use a horrid slang American phrase- it's for real! And it just shows me that I can do it....at least a little class like this. How much does it make me ache to go back to Oxford and spend a good deal of time? So much.


Most importantly, I am overflowing with thankfulness that I could even do such a thing as study from afar. Or that I have been to Oxford twice already. I do not look past the fact that there are true blessings from God that I cannot even explain, but are endowed upon me without deserving. These are such examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment