23 May 2013

Release

Though in this, the dark
and the gray,
only by choice is it
where I stay.
Losing the grip I thought

I had,
slipping on failure, dripping
into sad.
A complicated matter
retreats into me,
holding me captive, until a
release sets me free

The world is full of a little bit of darkness and a little bit of light. Stories should contain doses of both to reach  the depths of our souls. We are not just people leading shallow lives of sugary happiness. There are deep places in need of being reached.

The world isn't the only thing that is broken, but our hearts are broken as well. Stories, whether real or imagined, with true pain and sadness causes us to look inwardly at our own brokenness and then at the light that is in God, which is able to break into our dark places.

No comments:

Post a Comment