31 May 2013

You Are Valued

I think sometimes I forget the value that I have with God. I focus too much on how I think other people value me, when that truly should not matter to me. (But it does-  it is something I need to let go of) No matter how faulty I am, my Lord has paid the ultimate price for me...

because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you.
- Isaiah 43.4


Like the nation of Israel, we all falter and turn to earthly things as fulfillment rather than to God, but He still loves us. Doesn't He ever tire of our lack of consistency? We are guilty of turning our back on our Savior and closest friend. How must God feel when He sees us turn away from Him, after all the love and kindness He has bestowed upon us?

We are all of us selfish. Too consumed with ourselves. We neglect to see that which has been with us all along, in front of our faces. The love and kindness which patiently waits. We don't need to seek the approval of others. We already have God's love. And His reminders are all around us.

God is the one who is never changing.
We are the ones who change.Therefore, we are the ones who need to change back.

No comments:

Post a Comment