17 May 2013

Mustard Dress

Wedding weekend ahead.
I am prepping for such an occasion with my mustard-coloured dress which has a little bit of an old fashioned (and vintage) flair with the sharp pleats that run the whole length of the midi-skirt.

My little brother is getting married this weekend, so it will be an occasion to remember. A weekend where we gather to support and celebrate the uniting of two people.
I am hoping for pleasant weather with dry air and a cool temperature. We have been hitting some 90 degree temperatures lately and thick humidity, and I hope for a departure from that (if only for Saturday!)

I pray for this young couple, Tyler and Patience, who will be starting a life together. I am praying that they put God first no matter what, and become deeply rooted in His plans, not their own, because as I already know, our own plans have many flaws. Many times it is pride that gets in the way. We all have it. I would think in a young marriage that would be hard at first. Pride is, as C.S. Lewis wrote, the worst of all sins because all sins can stem from it. So, I pray that they remember:


When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom. - Proverbs 11.2


I write that for all of us, for it is something I surely need a reminder of. So may we all be reminded, and share in this special celebration for Tyler and Patience. I am glad to be a part of their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment